PALLET TRUCK | WALKIE TRAINING
POWERED PALLET | WALKIE | STACKER | CENTER RIDERThe Safe-Tech Powered Pallet Truck Operator Training Program consists of a 4-hour classroom theory program presented in an interactive format which covers all aspects of lift truck safety and operation. An on-site individual practical operating test will follow where incorrect operating techniques are identified and corrected and the pre-shift inspection procedures are reviewed. This program is suitable for new and existing operators and will provide the participant with the necessary knowledge to safely and correctly operate your specific type of powered pallet truck. The CSA Standard B335-15 recommends that lift truck operators receive retraining on both theory and practical every three years. Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed the CSA Standard and the Ontario Ministry of Labour’s, “Guideline for the Safe Operation and Maintenance of Powered Lift Truck Trucks”.
LIFT TRUCK OPERATOR TRAINING (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
TORONTOResidence Inn by Marriott Toronto Airport 17 Reading Court, M9W 7K7 (Hwy 27/ Hwy 401 – TTC Accessible)
|Sep 24||Nov 21|
MISSISSAUGAThe Centre for Health & Safety Innovation 5110 Creekbank Road, L4W 0A1 (Dixie Rd & Eglinton Ave E)
|Aug 27||Oct 9||Dec 3|
BOLTONSafe-Tech Training31 Parr Blvd., Unit B, L7E 4E3 (Highway 50 & North of Mayfield Rd. )
|Aug 7||Sep 5||Oct 22||Nov 12||Nov 18|
SCARBOROUGHToronto Pan Am Sports Centre 875 Morningside Avenue, M1C 0C7 (South of Hwy 401)
|Aug 15||Sep 19||Nov 6|
- Current applicable legislation and guidelines
- Vehicle stability
- Causes of accidents including injury and damage
- Load integrity and selection
- Operator responsibility
- Dock area safety
- Pedestrian awareness
- Truck/trailer inspection, loading/off-loading procedures
- Travelling on grades
- Defensive operating
- Pre-shift inspection and reporting procedures
- Basic and confined area manoeuvring
- Battery charging and changing
- 4 – hour in-class theory held on-site at your location and;
- 30 minute practical operating test on-site at your location on the operator’s regularly scheduled shift (additional time will be required for testing on more than 2 pieces of equipment or attachments).
- Classroom training
- Practical operator testing on up to 2 equipment types (providing 2nd test takes place at the same time & location)
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Signed safety rules from each participant
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score on both written and practical tests)
- Framed wall certificate for company
- Also known as a pallet jack, Walkie / Walkie Stacker / Center Rider / Ride-ons
- Easy to maneuver and quick to respond to commands yet still very dangerous
- Great for low level order picking
- Some types of Walkies have a platform so that the operator can stand on it while moving pallet loads
Up to 4 hours, depending on participants’ experience levels.
A passing grade of 75% is required in order to receive a certificate.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a PDF wall certificate and PDF wallet card for their records.