FALL PROTECTION TRAINING (INDUSTRIAL)
The Safe-Tech Fall Protection Training Program includes both a theory and hands-on segment and is intended for any worker who may at times be required to work at heights where fall protection is required. This program provides workers with the required knowledge to safely work at heights and prevent fall related accidents. Participants will be instructed on how to correctly select, inspect, maintain a wide variety of fall protection components.
Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all relevant CSA Standards, applicable Federal/Provincial regulations and Ministry of Labour Guidelines.
On-site Fall Protection Training Programs are available at client’s location in both full or refresher format throughout Ontario including Belleville, Brampton, Burlington, Cambridge, Cobourg, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Markham, Mississauga, Niagara Falls, North Bay, Oakville, Peterborough, Sarnia, Toronto, Waterloo, and Windsor. Public/Off-site programs are available at several locations throughout the GTA
The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), Reg. 851, section 85 states that; “Where a worker is exposed to the hazard of falling and the surface to which he or she might fall is more than three metres below the position where he or she is situated,
- the worker shall wear a serviceable safety belt or harness and lifeline adequately secured to a fixed support and so arranged that the worker cannot fall freely for a vertical distance of more than 1.5 metres; and
- the fall arresting system described in clause (a) shall,
- have sufficient capacity to absorb twice the energy and twice the load that under the circumstances of its use may be transmitted to it, and
- be equipped with a shock absorber or other devices to limit the maximum arresting force to 8.0 kilonewtons to the wearer.
- Written examination
- Record of training report
- Individual wallet certificates
CLASSROOM TRAINING CONTENT
- Identification of fall hazards
- Equipment selection/Inspection
- Understanding anchorage points
- Fall protection systems and components
- Basic energy dissipation principles
- Calculating fall clearances
- Rescue plan importance
- Standards and regulations
- Body support: application/fitment
- Component inspection and maintenance
Safe-Tech programs are conducted in English and best suited for participants with good English comprehension. Please advise our office at the time of booking and prior to the start of the course of any comprehension concerns or if you will be providing a translator when warranted. The instructors will do their best to accommodate, however Safe-Tech cannot be held responsible for any situation where comprehension was a factor due to a language barrier or impediment.
Safe-Tech is the Working at Height and Equipment Training Partner of Workplace Safety & Prevention Services and many of our programs are MOE Director approved.
- Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all pertinent standards and regulations.
- On-Site programs are offered on any shift, 24/7, without shift premiums.
- Our unique training techniques incorporate exclusive custom models and visual aids which enhance interest and facilitate higher comprehension & retention levels for all participants.
- Supervisors, managers, J.H.S.C. members who do not use or operate equipment but are responsible for implementing or enforcing safety policies may attend our programs at no charge (some exceptions apply).
- Our internal data management and tracking system automatically notifies clients at least 30 days before personnel are due for applicable recertification.
- Safe-Tech Training is first and only training company in the industry to offer a satisfaction guarantee. “If the content or presentation of any Safe-Tech program is not to your complete satisfaction, there will be no charge”.