FORKLIFT | LIFT TRUCK TRAINING
FORKLIFT | LIFT TRUCK TRAINING
The Safe-Tech Lift Truck Training Program is a two-part program consisting of a comprehensive in-class theory session followed by practical operator training and/or testing. Programs cover all aspects of lift truck safety and operation focusing on the equipment particular to your operation. (i.e. Counterbalanced Electric, Counterbalanced Propane (including propane cylinder exchange), Counterbalanced Stand-Up, Order Picker, Powered Pallet, Reach, Side Loader/Combi Lift, Swing Mast, Telehandler, Truck Mounted/Moffett, Tugger, Turret Stock Picker, Walkie Stacker, related components, battery changer and attachments).
Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all relevant CSA Standards, applicable Federal/Provincial regulations and Ministry of Labour Guidelines.
On-site Lift Truck Training Programs are available at client’s location in both full or refresher format throughout Ontario including Belleville, Brampton, Burlington, Cambridge, Cobourg, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Markham, Mississauga, Niagara Falls, North Bay, Oakville, Peterborough, Sarnia, Toronto, Waterloo, and Windsor. Public/Off-site programs are available at several locations throughout the GTA.
- The CSA Standard B335-15 requires that lift truck operators receive retraining on both theory and practical every three years.
- Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed the CSA Standard and the Ontario Ministry of Labour’s, “Guideline for the Safe Operation and Maintenance of Powered Lift rucks”.
- Classroom theory training
- Practical operator testing on up to 2 pieces of equipment or attachments (providing both tests take place at the same time & location during the initial scheduled testing date)
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Signed safety rules from each participant
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score on both written and practical tests)
CLASSROOM TRAINING CONTENT
- Current applicable legislation and guidelines
- Causes of accidents including injury and damage
- Hazard awareness
- Operator responsibility
- Pedestrian awareness
- Defensive operating
- Basic and confined area manoeuvring
- Working at height (lift truck specific)
- Vehicle stability
- Load integrity and selection
- Dock area safety
- Truck/trailer inspection, loading/offloading
- Travelling on grades
- Pre-shift inspection and reporting procedures
- Battery charging and changing (when applicable)
- Propane cylinder exchange (when applicable)
Safe-Tech programs are conducted in English and best suited for participants with good English comprehension. Please advise our office at the time of booking and prior to the start of the course of any comprehension concerns or if you will be providing a translator when warranted. The instructors will do their best to accommodate, however Safe-Tech cannot be held responsible for any situation where comprehension was a factor due to a language barrier or impediment.
PRACTICAL TESTING (FOR EXISTING OPERATORS)
Practical operator testing is held on-site at your facility and is scheduled following the classroom training. The operator is tested individually and put through a series of operating tasks and manoeuvres to assess competency and safety awareness on the equipment. Pre-shift inspection and reporting procedures are also covered. Average testing time is approximately 30 minutes per operator. Additional time will be required for testing on more than 2 pieces of equipment or attachments.
PRACTICAL TRAINING (FOR NEW OPERATORS)
Participants with little or no practical operating experience will require practical operator training prior to practical testing. The duration of practical training varies based on equipment type and aptitude of the operator. Practical training is an additional charge to this program and should be pre-scheduled
Safe-Tech is the Working at Height and Equipment Training Partner of Workplace Safety & Prevention Services and many of our programs are MOE Director approved.
- Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all pertinent standards and regulations.
- On-Site programs are offered on any shift, 24/7, without shift premiums.
- Our unique training techniques incorporate exclusive custom models and visual aids which enhance interest and facilitate higher comprehension & retention levels for all participants.
- Supervisors, managers, J.H.S.C. members who do not use or operate equipment but are responsible for implementing or enforcing safety policies may attend our programs at no charge (some exceptions apply).
- Our internal data management and tracking system automatically notifies clients at least 30 days before personnel are due for applicable recertification.
- Safe-Tech Training is first and only training company in the industry to offer a satisfaction guarantee. “If the content or presentation of any Safe-Tech program is not to your complete satisfaction, there will be no charge”.