LOADER | SKID STEER | BACKHOE Training
LOADER | SKID STEER | BACKHOE TRAINING
The Safe-Tech Loader / Skid Steer / Backhoe Operator Training Program is a two-part program consisting of a comprehensive in-class theory session followed by practical operator training and/or testing. Programs cover all aspects of loader / skid steer / backhoe safety and operation focusing on the equipment particular to your operation.
Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all relevant CSA Standards, applicable Federal/Provincial regulations and Ministry of Labour Guidelines.
On-site Loader / Skid Steer / Backhoe Training Programs are available at client’s location in both full or refresher format throughout Ontario including Belleville, Brampton, Burlington, Cambridge, Cobourg, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Markham, Mississauga, Niagara Falls, North Bay, Oakville, Peterborough, Sarnia, Toronto, Waterloo, and Windsor. Public/Off-site programs are available at several locations throughout the GTA.
Clause 25(2) (a) of the OHSA (Occupational Health and Safety Act) places an obligation on an employer to “provide information, instruction and supervision to a worker to protect the health or safety of the worker”. Regulation 851 (industrial) and Regulation 213 (construction), are more specific and states that a lifting device is only to be operated by a competent person. “Competent person” is defined by the OHSA as someone who:
- is qualified because of his knowledge, training, and experience to organize the work and its performance,
- is familiar with the provisions of this Act and the regulations that apply to the work, and
- has knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the workplace.
- In-class training
- Practical operator testing on up to 2 pieces of equipment or attachments (providing both tests take place at the same time & location during the initial scheduled testing date)
- Record of training report
- Written examinations
- Signed safety rules from each participant
- Individual wallet certificates (for participants with 80% passing score on both written and practical tests)
- Wall certificate for company
CLASSROOM TRAINING CONTENT
- Current applicable legislation and guidelines
- Hazard awareness
- Equipment/attachment designs
- Pedestrian awareness
- Start-up/shut-down procedures
- Stock piling
- Transporting equipment
- Occurrence/damage causes
- Internal responsibility
- Stability principles
- Pre-shift inspection details
- Standard operating guidelines
- Snow clearing
Safe-Tech programs are conducted in English and best suited for participants with good English comprehension. Please advise our office at the time of booking and prior to the start of the course of any comprehension concerns or if you will be providing a translator when warranted. The instructors will do their best to accommodate, however Safe-Tech cannot be held responsible for any situation where comprehension was a factor due to a language barrier or impediment.
PRACTICAL TESTING (FOR EXISTING OPERATORS)
Practical operator testing is held on-site at your location and is scheduled following the classroom training. The operator is tested individually and put through a series of operating tasks and manoeuvres to assess competency and safety awareness on the equipment. Pre-shift inspection and reporting procedures are also covered. Average testing time is approximately 30 minutes per operator. Additional time will be required for testing on more than 2 pieces of equipment or attachments.
PRACTICAL TRAINING (FOR NEW OPERATORS)
Participants with little or no practical operating experience will require practical operator training prior to practical testing. The duration of practical training varies based on equipment type and aptitude of the operator. Practical training is an additional charge to this program and must be pre-scheduled.
Safe-Tech is the Working at Height and Equipment Training Partner of Workplace Safety & Prevention Services and many of our programs are MOE Director approved.
- Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all pertinent standards and regulations.
- On-Site programs are offered on any shift, 24/7, without shift premiums.
- Our unique training techniques incorporate exclusive custom models and visual aids which enhance interest and facilitate higher comprehension & retention levels for all participants.
- Supervisors, managers, J.H.S.C. members who do not use or operate equipment but are responsible for implementing or enforcing safety policies may attend our programs at no charge (some exceptions apply).
- Our internal data management and tracking system automatically notifies clients at least 30 days before personnel are due for applicable recertification.
- Safe-Tech Training is first and only training company in the industry to offer a satisfaction guarantee. “If the content or presentation of any Safe-Tech program is not to your complete satisfaction, there will be no charge”.