WHMIS 2015 (GHS)
WHMIS 2015 (GHS)
(Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems)
The Safe-Tech WHMIS 2015 (GHS) Training Program is designed to provide employers and workers with the necessary knowledge to classify and identify chemical hazards used in the workplace.
Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all relevant CSA Standards, applicable Federal/Provincial regulations and Ministry of Labour Guidelines.
On-site WHMIS 2015 (GHS) Training is available at client’s location in both full or refresher format throughout Ontario including Belleville, Brampton, Burlington, Cambridge, Cobourg, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Markham, Mississauga, Niagara Falls, North Bay, Oakville, Peterborough, Sarnia, Toronto, Waterloo, and Windsor. Public/Off-site programs are available at several locations throughout the GTA. Online training is available through our online training provider.
LIFT TRUCK OPERATOR TRAINING (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
TORONTOResidence Inn by Marriott Toronto Airport 17 Reading Court, M9W 7K7 (Hwy 27/ Hwy 401 – TTC Accessible)
|Sep 24||Nov 21|
MISSISSAUGAThe Centre for Health & Safety Innovation 5110 Creekbank Road, L4W 0A1 (Dixie Rd & Eglinton Ave E)
|Aug 27||Oct 9||Dec 3|
BOLTONSafe-Tech Training31 Parr Blvd., Unit B, L7E 4E3 (Highway 50 & North of Mayfield Rd. )
|Aug 7||Sep 5||Oct 22||Nov 12||Nov 18|
SCARBOROUGHToronto Pan Am Sports Centre 875 Morningside Avenue, M1C 0C7 (South of Hwy 401)
|Aug 15||Sep 19||Nov 6|
Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all relevant Federal and Provincial regulations.
- Classroom program
- Record of training
- Written exam
- Wallet certificates for each participant
- Wall certificate for company
CLASSROOM TRAINING CONTENT
- Legal rights and duties applicable under WHMIS
- Identify workplace hazardous material through WHMIS symbols and labels
- Learn to read Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)
- Recognize common hazards and harmful effects of hazardous materials
- Identify various controls required to eliminate/reduce/prevent harmful exposures
- Identify appropriate emergency procedures to use in response to exposure and accidental release
Safe-Tech programs are conducted in English and best suited for participants with good English comprehension. Please advise our office at the time of booking and prior to the start of the course of any comprehension concerns or if you will be providing a translator when warranted. The instructors will do their best to accommodate, however Safe-Tech cannot be held responsible for any situation where comprehension was a factor due to a language barrier or impediment.
Safe-Tech is the Working at Height and Equipment Training Partner of Workplace Safety & Prevention Services and many of our programs are MOE Director approved.
- Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all pertinent standards and regulations.
- On-Site programs are offered on any shift, 24/7, without shift premiums.
- Our unique training techniques incorporate exclusive custom models and visual aids which enhance interest and facilitate higher comprehension & retention levels for all participants.
- Supervisors, managers, J.H.S.C. members who do not use or operate equipment but are responsible for implementing or enforcing safety policies may attend our programs at no charge (some exceptions apply).
- Our internal data management and tracking system automatically notifies clients at least 30 days before personnel are due for applicable recertification.
- Safe-Tech Training is first and only training company in the industry to offer a satisfaction guarantee. “If the content or presentation of any Safe-Tech program is not to your complete satisfaction, there will be no charge”.