Working at Heights Training
Working at Heights Training (Construction)
The Safe-Tech Working at Heights Training Program has been approved by the Ontario Chief Prevention Officer as meeting the working at heights training program and provider standards.
It is designed for workers who may perform construction related activities and at times be required to work at heights where fall protection is required.
This CPO Approved Training Program provides workers and supervisors with the necessary knowledge required to safely work at heights and prevent fall related accidents. Participants will be instructed on how to correctly select, inspect, maintain and use a wide variety of fall protection components and systems.
Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all relevant CSA Standards, applicable Federal/Provincial regulations and Ministry of Labour Guidelines.
On-site Working at Heights Training Programs are available at client’s location in both full or refresher format throughout Ontario including Belleville, Brampton, Burlington, Cambridge, Cobourg, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Markham, Mississauga, Niagara Falls, North Bay, Oakville, Peterborough, Sarnia, Toronto, Waterloo, and Windsor. Public/Off-site programs are available at several locations throughout the GTA.
Program is in compliance with Ontario regulation 213/91 section 26 of the Construction regs and meets or exceeds all requirements of both the New Working at Heights Program Standard and Training Provider Standard.
- Participant Workbooks
- Written examinations
- Record of training report
- Individual wallet certificates
- Wall certificate for company
CLASSROOM TRAINING CONTENT
- Identification of fall hazards
- Equipment selection
- Understanding anchorage points
- Fall protection systems and components
- Basic energy dissipation principles
- Calculating fall clearances
- Rescue plan importance
- Standards and regulations
- Body Harness selection and application
- Component inspection and maintenance
Safe-Tech programs are conducted in English and best suited for participants with good English comprehension. Please advise our office at the time of booking and prior to the start of the course of any comprehension concerns or if you will be providing a translator when warranted. The instructors will do their best to accommodate, however Safe-Tech cannot be held responsible for any situation where comprehension was a factor due to a language barrier or impediment.
Safe-Tech is the Working at Height and Equipment Training Partner of Workplace Safety & Prevention Services and many of our programs are MOE Director approved.
- Safe-Tech programs meet or exceed all pertinent standards and regulations.
- On-Site programs are offered on any shift, 24/7, without shift premiums.
- Our unique training techniques incorporate exclusive custom models and visual aids which enhance interest and facilitate higher comprehension & retention levels for all participants.
- Supervisors, managers, J.H.S.C. members who do not use or operate equipment but are responsible for implementing or enforcing safety policies may attend our programs at no charge (some exceptions apply).
- Our internal data management and tracking system automatically notifies clients at least 30 days before personnel are due for applicable recertification.
- Safe-Tech Training is first and only training company in the industry to offer a satisfaction guarantee. “If the content or presentation of any Safe-Tech program is not to your complete satisfaction, there will be no charge”.